Since I only post finished work to DA, there are often long stretches when I submit nothing and appear to be dead. This is not the case! In addition to continuing to live, I also continue to draw, but many of the drawings are just sketches and assorted brain farts that never make it anywhere near the finished stage.
Now that I have a Tumblr
, I post a lot of unfinished work there. But in case you don't have a Tumblr, I have helpfully collected my half-formed brainchildren here for you to peruse. From top to bottom, left to right, they are:
1. Thumbnail sketch of some crazy alien woman holding a glowing fetus. (Apparently I draw insane things when I'm bored.)
2. In-progress pencils for the same! I'M TAKIN' THIS CRAZY TO THE FINISH LINE.
3. Some sort of a techno fairy Victorian woman, drawn after listening to Judas about eighty times in a row.
4. Idea for a picture based on Masque of the Red Death, one of my all-time favorite short stories.
5. Zekrom and Reshiram as pretty-boy leather-clad pinups. I vaguely remember the conversation that started this picture, but it really doesn't go very far toward explaining myself. Should get finished, since it's already in the finished pencil stage and waiting, patiently, to be inked.
6. A caveman attacking a rocketship, which is piloted by a mustachioed cat. This is what happens when I take requests from people during Livestream.
's character Fareeda, leaping through a nebula with a pair of space cats. I LOVE drawing space stuff. I got to do a bunch of it for work--planets and star fields and nebulae and even a sun! I. love. space.